If you haven't tried Overnight Oats, this is your sign to do so. We love that its the perfect year round recipe to make sure you're breaking your fast in a healthy fashion. Winter, Summer or in between this recipe will see you through the seasons and we'll tell you how.
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Milk Of Choice
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tsp Sweetener Of Choice (Optional)
1. Gather your ingredients. Yes, this should be the first step in any recipe.
2. Add the Oats and Chia Seeds to your favourite bowl, cup, or other vessel (bonus points if it fits in the cup holder in your car) and give it a quick stir.
3. Pour in your Milk and add your Sweetener if you desire. We love Agave or Maple Syrup. Stir again and mix evenly.
4. Use your imagination. This is the part where we make it exciting and top it off with whatever your heart desires. Add nuts, seeds, nut butter and fresh or dried fruit. Its a great way to get some extra nutrition and flavour into your morning meal. We love a teaspoon of peanut butter and a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds with some fresh blueberries in the summer and stewed apples in the winter. You can even mix in your favourite protein powder or some cacao powder, just be sure to mix thoroughly.
5. Refrigerate overnight. Pro tip - leave a spoon next to your keys so you don't forget your breakfast on the way out of the door tomorrow morning.
6. Enjoy hot or cold.