Cereal is seriously underrated. Breakfast, afternoon snack, even midnight snack - it never lets you down. We love our cereal and we love it even more when we know exactly what is in it and that we can whip it up on a Sunday afternoon in no time. Feel free to chop and change it as you wish, as long as your quantities of dry ingredients remains the same.
- 4 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Chopped Almonds (or your preferred nut)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Dried Fruit (sultanas are our favourite)
-1/4 Cup Pepitas
- 1/4 Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Cup
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1/2 Cup Agave or Maple Syrup
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a large tray with baking paper
2. Gather and prepare all your ingredients
3. Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix well to combine
4. Thoroughly mix together your wet ingredients - making sure your coconut oil is melted
5. Pour your combined wet ingredients into the bowl with your dry ingredients and stir well
6. Pour your mixture onto the baking tray and flatten out using the back of a metal spoon or silicone spatula to ensure an even distribution of heat. Bake for 10 minutes
7. Stir and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until golden brown and aromatic. Be careful not to burn your granola, it should be lightly browned.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
9. Once it has cooled you should be able to break up the pieces to your desired cluster size. Store in a airtight container and enjoy with added fresh fruit, milk of choice or your favourite yoghurt.